THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
A good way to ease into your mornings is to start early by preparing some things the night before. One easy thing to prep are this quick energy bites. It only takes a moment to prep them the night before, then when you wake up you can just grab one before you run out the door. Don't underestimate this tiny snack! They are rich in nutrients and energy, combine whole ingredients and essential oils, and can give you a much needed reserve of energy that we all need throughout the day.
Today, I want to share two different energy-filled snacks, just take a few minutes to prepare and you can enjoy them at any time. The essential oils we suggest in these recipes can be changed to meet your personal preference.
Strawberry-Cinnamon Energy Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 package chia seeds or coconut flakes (optional)
- Wash and chop strawberries. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse raw cashews until they form a crumpled texture.
- Add in chopped strawberries and coconut butter. Pulse mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until they form into a batter. Place batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and roll batter into medium balls. Roll balls in chia seeds or coconut flakes, coating the outside.
- Store energy bites in the fridge to keep fresh. Consume within two weeks.
Or if you need something more after a particularly exhausting part of your day like exercising, then the Protein Bar is the right choice! Homemade protein bars are one of my favorite foods. I used to buy energy bars in stores, but I found that making them is not only more healthy but also simple. I promise you’ll like it!
Almond Cranberry Protein Bars
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup doTERRA Vegan Protein Powder
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup preferred sweetener (try honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar)
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1–2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- In a small pot, combine the wet ingredients and gently warm on the stove until well combined (normally about two minutes).
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place baking paper into a rectangle pan.
- Add the mixture on top of the baking paper and flatten down, pressing to the edge of the pan.
- Refrigerate for an hour to set, then remove and cut into bars and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
We love creating delicious snacks with these easy and healthy recipes. The combination of essential oils with real foods makes this recipe super effective in lifting you up throughout the day.
To purchase essential oils for this recipe, click the button below.