Easy Fall Host Gift: Essential Oil Potpourri
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Are you headed to a Thanksgiving dinner or another holiday get-together in the upcoming weeks? I always like to take a little something to give to the host when I attend an event in someone's home. There is usually so much effort that goes into it, so it's important to show appreciation. And, of course, if I'm going to DIY a gift (which I often do), I love to incorporate essential oils somehow. This simple potpourri in some cute packaging is a easy gift that works well for any occasion. You can even include a bottle of the oil or blend that you use. Our recommended ingredients and oils are perfect for fall, but you can change them up depending on the season or holiday.
Fall Essential Oil Potpourri
Recommended Ingredients:Select a few of the following for a simple potpourri.
- Orange Peels
- Star Anise
- Bay Leaves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Vanilla Beans, cut into small pieces
- Cardamom Seeds
- Dried Apple Slices
- Candied Ginger
- Whole Cloves
- All Spice
- Whole Nutmeg
Recommended Oils:Choose one oil or create your own blend to customize the scent.
- Cinnamon Bark
- On Guard Protective Blend
- Wild Orange
- You can also use any of the oil combinations from our Fall Diffuser Blends.
- Place desired herbs and spices into a container or bowl. Mix and assemble as desired.
- Add 3–5 drops of essential oil on top of potpourri. After a couple weeks, the aroma will start to fade. Add a few more drops to revive it.
IMAGE AND RECIPE FROM DŌTERRA