THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
I'm just going to say upfront that I have mixed feelings about disposable products. I prefer to "reduce, reuse, and recycle" whenever possible. But, there are times when the convenience factor wins out and I use a product like cleaning wipes. I have six kids. Enough said.
I still like to keep down the toxic load in my house even when using disposable products. Cleaning wipes are expensive even when they are not natural and toxin free. So for high quality, natural cleaning wipes, essential oil DIY is a great way to go.
Essential Oil Cleaning Wipes
(RECIPE AND IMAGE FROM DOTERRA)
- 1 roll Premium Paper Towels
- 2 cups Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 3 dropsOn Guard Protective Blend
- 1–2 tablespoons On Guard Foaming Hand Wash
- Cut paper towel in half widthwise with serrated or electric knife. Use half of the roll now and half later. (Or, double the recipe and make both now. Keep one in the car for quick clean up on the go.)
- Combine water, fractionated coconut oil, essential oils, and hand wash in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over paper towels and cover with airtight lid. Let mixture absorb for 10 minutes.
- Turn container over and let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard cardboard tube. Pull wipes from center of the roll when ready to use.
- Store in an airtight container and use at your convenience.
What are your favorite cleaning products to DIY?