THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Store bought perfumes often contain synthetic ingredients and can be so expensive. A simple and cost effective alternative is to whip up a batch of your own custom perfume. You can add an essential oil that you absolutely love or play around a bit and find a blend that really speaks to you for a one of a kind signature scent. The possibilities are basically endless!
I also love the idea of giving a custom scent as a gift. Can you think of a special person in your life that would be thrilled with a bottle of perfume (or cologne) named after them? A custom scent just for them - what a wonderful gift! You can customize a label to make it even more special.
DIY Natural Essential Oil Perfume
- 20-35 drops Essential Oil of Choice
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (Enough to fill a 10 mL roller bottle.)
- Glass Roller Bottle
- Combine witch hazel and water in a small glass spray bottle and shake.
- Add essential oils and mix thoroughly.
- If using fractionated coconut oil, place essential oils in the roller bottle and fill remainder of bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
- Mist over your body or clothes or roll on pulse points to create your desired aroma. Mix well before each use.
Essential Oil Suggestions:
- Floral & Citrus - 10 drops Whisper Blend for Women, 10 drops Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend , 10 drops Lemon, 5 drops Ylang Ylang
- Adventurous For Her - 3 drops Wild Orange, 5 drops Lime, 3 drops Juniper Berry, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 4 drops Frankincense, optional: 1–2 drops Rose, Neroli, or Jasmine Touch
- Adventurous For Him - 4 drops Spearmint, 4 drops Lime, 4 drops Grapefruit, 4 drops Eucalyptus, 5 drops Black Pepper, 5 drops Cypress, 4 drops Patchouli
Have you made your own natural perfume using essential oil? Which oils did you use?