THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
We are loving grilling season. Besides all the yummy grilled veggie options, it is nice to have a meatless burger option available. Even if you aren't vegetarian or vegan yourself, you may have a guest that is or you may just want to switch things up a bit once in a while.
Black Bean Burgers with Essential Oils
(Recipe and image by doTERRA.)
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Put 1/2 of rinsed beans (1.5 cups), yellow onion, garlic, red bell pepper, Essential Oils, cornstarch mixture, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper into food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Combine with remaining black beans and stir. If mixture is too sticky, add more bread crumbs until it holds together.
- Divide into 4 patties.
- Heat skillet/grill on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Heat burgers 6 minutes on each side. Be careful when flipping burgers as they are very delicate.
- Once burger is cooked, place patty on bottom bun, top with lettuce, tomatoes, and desired condiments.