THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Hair wax helps add texture and style to men and women's hair. This easy DIY hair wax made with essential oils is healthy for your hair and will be loved by all hair types.
Essential Oil Hair Wax
(Recipe and Image from dōTERRA)
- 4 ½ teaspoons Beeswax
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 4 ½ teaspoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in glass container.
- Place jar in saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Pour mixture in empty tin or glass jar with lid.
- Let hair wax rest one to two hours.
- To use, apply a small amount to fingers and style as desired. A little wax goes a long way.
Tip: For harder hair wax, use 2 tablespoons beeswax and 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil. For softer hair wax, use 4 ½ teaspoons shea butter and 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil.