THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Ever smell something off in your kitchen and can't figure it out until you finally realize it's emanating from the dark, ominous depths of your garbage disposal? I certainly have! While I'm so very grateful for that wonderful machine lurking below the drain, I really don't like to think about the residual gunk that can build up down there. Thank goodness for this simple DIY that cleans, freshens, and deodorizes the garbage disposal.
Garbage Disposal Refreshers
(IMAGE AND RECIPE FROM DŌTERRA)
- Combine baking soda and salt into bowl.
- Add castile soap and essential oil into mixture.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time while stirring with hands until it forms into the consistency of "damp sand". It should stay together when you press it together. If you add too much water just add some more baking soda and salt until the consistency is right.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
- Once the mixture has been scooped, let dry for 24 hours or until they are hard. One batch should make about 36 garbage disposal refreshers.
- Put into an airtight glass jar and use the next time you do dishes. Add 1–3 refreshers into the garbage disposal and turn it on.
Find more essential oil DIY cleaning solutions, click HERE.