What's better than a nice, hot bath? A nice, hot bath with a fizzing, yummy smelling bath bomb! They are super simple to make and are great gifts for all ages. When making for kids, try adding some color to the mixture. They will love watching the water change colors.
With Easter coming up, use a plastic Easter egg as the mold then add the bath bombs to your children's Easter basket as an alternative to candy. You can also use them as hostess gifts or favors at your holiday dinner.
Fizzing Bath Bomb Recipe
- In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil or essential oil blend of your choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
- Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. For a mood boost, try Lemon, Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss®, or Peppermint. For relaxation, try Lavender or Serenity®.
Citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section.
- You can substitute almond oil or olive oil for the doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- If you don't have a bathtub, these bath bombs can still be effective in a shower. Place them near the drain and the water will dissolve the bath bomb and release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam.