THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
The aftermath of overindulgence at a meal, party, or any occasion that takes you out of your typical eating routine can be miserable. Gas, bloating, nausea, intestinal discomfort...you know the routine. And with so many holiday get togethers this time of year, the topic of digestive health has been on my mind a lot lately. So today I am sharing ideas for using essential oils and other doTERRA products to support digestive health.
Digestive issues are common and doTERRA has definitely put some resources into essential oils and supplements aimed at keeping your digestive system functioning well.
- DigestZen Digestive Blend A "tummy tamer" and a must have oil for me. It aids in the digestion of foods, soothes occasional stomach upset, and helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.*
- Zendocrine Detoxification Blend A natural cleansing and filtering blend that supports the function of the colon and other organs.*
- Cardamom Use internally as part of a daily health regimen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.*
- Cumin Supports digestive health and helps to relieve occasional digestive discomfort.* It also purifies the body's systems.*
- Copaiba Add 1 to 2 drops to water, juice, or tea to support the health of the digestive system as well as other bodily systems.*
- Ginger Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion and nausea.*
- Lemon Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.*
- Lemongrass Supports healthy digestion when taken internally.*
- Oregano In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano supports healthy digestion.* Add to a veggie capsule, a glass of water, or include in a recipe.
- Peppermint Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Spearmint Promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset.* Add a drop or two to any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée for flavoring and to promote digestion.* For occasional stomach upset, add 1–2 drops to water and drink.*
DigestZen® Softgels - All the benefits of DigestZen in the convenience of a capsule. Take after enjoying a meal to promote digestion or to soothe occasional stomach discomfort.* Take with water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
DigestTab - This chewable tablet is specifically designed for individuals with sensitive stomachs. Formulated with calcium carbonate, DigestTab works to neutralize and reduce acid. Ginger, Peppermint, Caraway, Coriander, Anise, Tarragon, and Fennel essential oils soothe and support the digestive system.* Use as needed for relief from occasional upset stomach and heartburn.*
DigestZen TerraZyme® contains a blend of active whole-food enzymes and supporting cofactors to help your body digest food and convert nutrients into energy.* The modern diet is often enzyme deficient and TerraZyme can help make up for the deficit. Take one to three capsules with meals. Adjust the amount depending on what you’re eating—if you’re eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, take one. If you’re eating something more highly processed, take three.
GX Assist® is a natural way to cleanse.* It uses both caprylic acid and essential oils to create an unfriendly environment in your digestive tract to potential threats that cause digestive issues. On a quarterly basis take one to three softgels with meals. Use for 10 days before starting PB Assist®+. Do not take at the same time as PB Assist+.
PB Assist®+ is a combination of pre-biotics and probiotics to encourage the growth of good bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract. It also can support your metabolism and better absorption of nutrients from food.* The capsule has been specifically designed with a time-release, double layered system to protect the probiotics from stomach acid. If using on its own, take one capsule three times daily with meals for 10 days each month. If taking as part of a quarterly cleanse after GX Assist, take three capsules a day for five days, and then one capsule a day for 15 days.
PB Assist® Jr. is a probiotic powder for kids, and it is also great for adults that find swallowing pills challenging. And, just like in the adult version, PB Assist Jr. supports both the digestive and immune systems, as well as metabolism and nutrient absorption.* Consume one sachet daily directly in mouth, or in cold water, juice, or yogurt. Do not mix with hot water.
Zendocrine® Softgels are designed to support the liver and detoxification of the body’s systems.* The body is naturally able to rid itself of unwanted substances; Zendocrine is intended to support this process. Each softgel contains 2 drops of the Zendocrine blend. Take one softgel two to three times daily.
Zendocrine® Detoxification Complex is made up of herbs that traditionally support the liver and detoxification.* It affects the body through a different mechanism than the Zendocrine softgels, and you can experience different benefits than the softgels for that reason. Try both to see which works best for you. To support the cleansing organs, take two capsules daily (one in the morning and one in the evening) for an entire month. Repeat every three to four months.
If digestive health concerns are a big issue for you or a loved one, I recommend that you dive a little deeper into how doTERRA essential oils and supplements can help through the Empowered Life Series on Digestive Health. Of course, these products should not replace professional medical advice and care, but can play a role as your strive for wellness through healthy habits and informed self-care.
Which doTERRA products do you use to support digestive health?
Reference: Supplements Explained: Digestive Health, doTERRA