THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
There is not a single combination of ingredients that says "fall" like apples and cinnamon. I know, it's a bold statement in the era of pumpkin spice everything, but I stand by it. This cake will fill your home with the aroma of apple, cinnamon and a hint of citrus from the orange juice. It's like aromatherapy that you get to eat! And, I love that this recipe is 100% plant based. You'll definitely want to add this one to your fall recipe collection.
Cinnamon Apple Cake
(RECIPE ADAPTED FROM DOTERRA.)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 small apples, grated
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat cake tin with olive oil.
- Pour orange juice in bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, ground cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Grate the apples. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, applesauce, and Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil. Mix together using a handheld or free-standing mixer.
- Add the flour mix and the orange juice to a bowl with sugar and oil alternatively and keep mixing.
- Add the apples and the walnuts and fold in gently with a spoon until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean). Slice and enjoy.
To purchase essential oils for this recipe, click the button below.