THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
I love baking during the holidays! The trick is to find the time with everything else that is going on. This is a simple and quick recipe that is delicious and will give your home an amazing aroma. It is plant-based and has healthier ingredients so you can feel better about enjoying a holiday treat. If this bread manages to make its way out of your kitchen without being eaten, it is a wonderful gift for friends, neighbors, or co-workers.
Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons nut butter (cashew or sunflower are preferred, but almond or peanut will work)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chips for top of bread, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and ground cinnamon.
- Puree bananas until smooth (For best results, use a blender, food processor, stand mixer, or hand mixer.)
- Add nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, sugar, and salt to bananas and beat until light and fluffy.
- By hand, gently stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes (or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean).
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!
- Use a nut butter without additives such as sugars and oils.
- If using peanut butter or almond butter, some of their flavor may come through in the final product.
To purchase essential oils for this recipe, click the button below.