THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Essential oils are widely used in aromatherapy applications. If you have diffused essential oils yourself, you have probably experienced the effects first hand. Depending on the oils used, you may have felt energized, motivated, calmed, renewed, or hopeful.
Beyond personal anecdotal evidence, human anatomy provides insight as to why using essential oils aromatically can be so impactful. The scents that we come into contact with are picked up by olfactory nerves inside our nostrils. These nerves carry sensory data directly to our brains. The data effects many of the processes inside our bodies - hormonal, metabolic, chemical, etc.
How these processes respond to specific olfactory stimuli is often predictable. The practice of aromatherapy is based on identifying the reactions to specific scents and then using those scents therapeutically. Because of their potency, essential oils are perfect for aromatherapy and diffusion is a simple and effective way to maximize the benefit.
Diffusing essential oils can help...
- Boost your families wellness by cleansing the air and supporting the immune system. (Melaleuca, On Guard Protective Blend)
- Soothe the respiratory system during times of seasonal threats. (Breathe Respiratory Blend, Peppermint)
- Set the mood in your home or workspace. There are so many options here. I encourage you to spend some time reviewing the single oils and blends in our doTERRA Shop to learn how they each effect mood. Here are a few suggestions to get your started:
I Heart Oil Custom Diffuser Blends
I love playing around with oils to create custom diffuser blends. It's kind of a hobby of mine. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Fresh Zest - for healthy immune system, feelings of clear airways, uplifted & peaceful mood.
- Victorious - support for letting go and overcoming.
- Conquer the Day - to support motivation to let go of negativity and replace with positive emotions.
- Fresh Forest - for a freshening air and boosting mood.
- Summer Day - helps support respiratory function, purify the air, and boosts mood and enthusiasm.
- Sweet Summer - for calm yet uplifted moods.
- In Love with Autumn - fall diffuser blends (includes free printable labels and tags)
- Perfect Fall Day - to help you feel grounded, purposeful and motivated to action.
- Hygge At Home - to freshen the air and help you feel content, peaceful, and balanced.
Want to learn more about how smell works? Check out this short video: