THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Getting in shape doesn't have to cost a fortune. It's more about your own motivation and commitment than gym memberships, personal training sessions, and expensive equipment. It is also about information. Many of us just don't know where to start when we are trying to make exercise a priority. Fortunately, we live in the information age seemingly unlimited knowledge is at our fingertips. And a lot of it is free!
So if you are looking for ways to exercise at home for little or no cost, check out these resources. I'm sure you will find something that fits your needs.
- 7 Minute Workout (Google Play, iTunes) - Short but intense training sessions that use just your body weight and a chair.
- Freeletics Bodyweight (Google Play, iTunes) - A personalized fitness app that offers 10-30 workouts that require no equipment. It adapts to your schedule, fitness level, and goals.
- Fit30 (Google Play, iTunes) - Eight 30 day challenges that you complete with no equipment. Includes challenges that focus on weight loss, abs, butt, legs, and more.
- Sweaty Betty - This online fitness apparel website also has lots of free workout videos.
- Fitness Blender - This robust health and wellness website offers over 500 free, full-length, workout videos. They offer additional fee-based services, but there is no cost to access most of the videos.
- Do Yoga With Me - Beautiful scenery and free yoga instruction - it doesn't get much better than that. Like most of these websites, additional content is available with a subscription, but you can access hundreds of instructional videos for free.
- Blogilates - Videos are categorized by target area or workout series (5 Minute Series, Swim Suit Slim Down Series, etc.). The workouts are super fun and the site is full of bonuses like recipes, workout calendars, and printables.
- LiveStrongWoman - This channel features resistance training and yoga instructional videos. It also offers videos on healthy eating.
- eFit30 - Full length yoga, Pilates, and muscle strengthening videos. No gym required!
- BeFiT - A channel that offers lots of variety. There is something for everyone - hip hop, stretching routines, beginner core strength - to name just a few.
Don't forget to use essential oils to enhance your workout. Read "Boost Your Workout with Essential Oils" for suggestions on what oils to use during your workout as well as before and after.
Do you use free resources for at home workouts? What are some of you favorites?