THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
If you have spent more than about 15 seconds looking at my blog, you will know that, for me, the answer to that question is an emphatic "Yes." However, I don't expect you to just take my word for it. There are two key areas to look at when you are deciding if essential oils can fit affordably into your life. They are costs and benefits.
- Become a wholesale customer. Like Costco and Sam's Club, doTERRA offers their customers the opportunity to receive their products at wholesale pricing for an annual fee. With doTERRA, wholesale customers receive a straight 25% discount on all of their products. The annual fee is $35. So if you plan to purchase at least $140 of doTERRA products over the course of a year, then signing up as a wholesale customer is the right choice for you.
- Join the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP). Basically, for your loyalty (i.e. placing a recurring monthly order), doTERRA will reward you with a credit in your account that can be used to purchase their products. You start with a reward equal to 10% of the previous month's order. With your continued loyalty, you can earn up to 30% back after a year in the program.
- Get the free Product of the Month. A bonus for LRP members is the chance to pick up a free bottle of oil every month with a 125 point value order.
- Take advantage of monthly promotions. Each month a doTERRA product is offered at a discounted price. It is usually 10% off. There are often additional promotions that enable you to earn free products for orders of a certain point value.
- Purchase a discounted enrollment kit. Enrollment kits are a great way to get started with multiple oils for a low cost. You receive a substantial discount on the products included in the kit and the $35 enrollment fee is waived.
- Consider the cost per drop. Let's take a look at Frankincense. It is a very popular and versatile essential oil. It promotes healthy skin and cellular functioning throughout the body.* Frankincense can help calm and elevate the mood and is used often in room sprays and diffuser blends.* It is also on the higher end of the pricing spectrum. The wholesale price of a 15ml bottle of Frankincense is $69.75. However, it is important to look at the cost per drop instead of just looking at the cost per bottle. Each time you use Frankincense, you will typically use 1-3 drops. There are about 250 drops of oil in a 15 ml bottle. The cost per drop of Frankincense is $.028. Depending on your usage, the bottle will typically last from 6 months to a year or more. The cost for your actual usage of even higher priced oils is actually quite low.
Looking at the benefits of essential oils is critical to determining if they are affordable. I maintain that spending $1 on an item that does not bring any benefit to your life is not affordable. All it takes to get benefit from essential oils is to actually use them.
I use essential oils everyday in many ways. Here are a some of those ways:
- Mood Support
- Maintaining Healthy Bodily Systems (Digestive, respiratory, nervous, etc.)*
- Moisturizing and Nourishing Skin*
- Treating Skin Blemishes and Imperfections*
- Enhancing Drinking Water
- Adding Flavor and Nutrients to Recipes
- DIY Cleaning Products
- DIY Body Care Products
- Promoting Restful Sleep*
- Increasing Energy*
- Air Purification
- Theraputic Massage
- Soothing Muscular Discomfort*
- Immune System Support*
- Warding Off Environmental Threats
I could go on. But you get the idea that there are so many applications for essential oils in your daily life, right?
You not only get value from the oils which makes them affordable, but you can save money by cutting out purchases that you would have made. Creating natural homemade cleaning and body care products is much less expensive than purchasing ready made products of equivalent quality.
Essential oils also play a role in supporting a natural, wellness oriented lifestyle. They can play a primary role in healthy living by providing key nutrients like anti-oxidants and a supporting role by soothing discomfort after an intense workout. By investing in a healthy lifestyle and preventative measures, you may be able to save money on expensive healthcare down the road.
Ultimately, the key to determining for yourself whether essential oils are affordable or not is to use them. Your personal experiential evidence is what really matters. Purchase an enrollment kit or even just a bottle or two and then use the oils. I believe you will see tremendous value and essential oils may even become a way of life.
To purchase your oils and discover their affordability, click the button below.