Essential Oil Notebook: Bergamot
BERGAMOT (CITRUS BERGAMIA)
Bergamot essential oil is extracted from the rind (peel) of the fruit using cold press expression. It's smell is citrus with a hint of spice and floral. The main chemical component is limonene.
Bergamot is both calming and uplifting. It is purifying to the skin, and helps reduce tension and stress. It has a balancing and toning effect to the system.
Emotionally, bergamot helps with self-acceptance and self-love. It assists with courage, confidence and hope. It helps challenge limiting belief systems and helps get energy moving in the body.
• Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels and tension are high.
• Apply to the skin after the shower for purifying benefits
• Add a drop of Bergamot to tea to make Earl Grey
• Apply to the feet at bedtime or diffuse to help relaxation.
• Add one or two drops to your skin cleanser.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Topical use: Apply one to two drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil to desired area. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.