8 Essential Oils for Summer
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
I have my oils stored in different places around my house. I tend to keep the ones I'm using a lot out on my counter or in my bag when I'm on the go. Here are 8 of my favorites to use for summer vacations.
- After a long day of walking around sightseeing, this blend feels fabulous massaged into your legs and feet.
- Great to apply to your feet before a flight to help increase circulation*. Right after you go through security is a great time to apply.
- Soothing in a bath after a day of travel to calm tension.
- Great for motion sickness due to travel, amusement park rides, etc.*
- Travel food can cause digestive upset and this blend is amazing to help restore balance to the system.*
- Add a couple drops to a spray bottle and use to cool and uplift after a long day at the beach, in the sun at fairs, parades, and parks.
- Keep a spray bottle with a couple drops of peppermint in the car to freshen the air and uplift the mood of travelers on a car trip.
- Great for keeping insects at bay during outdoor activities. I make a spray bottle with water and 40-50 drops or apply the blend directly to the skin with a carrier oil.
- Make a spray and use in the garden to help to deter insects and pests from your plants.
- Use indoors to keep insects away.
- Excellent for minor skin irritations*. You can make an "owie" spray with a couple drops of Lavender and Melaleuca in water. Take hiking, camping, and on other outings where irritation might occur.
- Apply directly for skin blemishes and breakouts*.
- Use a carrier and apply to the chest or sinus area to help improve respiratory function*.
- Great one to help enhance immunity and help you feel better*.
- Soothe skin irritations*. You can make an "after-sun" spray with a couple drops of Lavender and Peppermint in water. Shake and spray after a day at the beach, swimming, or just being outside. Calms and soothes skin and feels great!
- Help skin recover quicker*. Apply around the area or make an "owie" spray with Melaleuca.
- Make a linen spray and spritz bedding in a hotel, tent, or other temporary room to promote a restful sleep in an unfamiliar place.
- Combine 2 drops each of Peppermint, Lemon, & Lavender for seasonal threats*. Great for when you are outside with pollen and other stressors.
- Lemon is a great oil to remove sticky things such as sap and sticky residue and markers and crayons. You never know when you'll need this. I've used this on sap covered kid hands in the woods and permanent marker in a condo. It's a lifesaver!
- Great one to spray rooms, cars, and enclosed spaces where the mood needs lifting. I keep a little tiny spray bottle in my purse and use it a lot.
- This oil smells like fall with orange and clove, but it's a great one to have handy during the summer months too. Keep a mini spray bottle with a couple drops of the blend to spritz down surfaces in public spaces.
- Use it daily to help maintain healthy immunity during the summer months, everyone wants to be healthy during summer break- no lost play time!*
- Diffuse it to help energize and uplift.
Diffuser Blend: Sweet Summer
Here's a fun diffuser blend- it smells like summer! Love it! If you don't have Tangerine, try Kumquat, Red Mandarin, or Wild Orange.