THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
I like to do a little seasonal decorating - nothing too over the top, but enough to get the feeling of the season or holiday in my home. I tend to focus on the common areas of the house - living room, family room, kitchen. But, I've found that when I make a few changes in my room as well, I really enjoy it. I'm not talking about anything major here - just a couple of little changes to freshen things up a bit. It's a simple act of self-care to provide myself with a comforting and inviting environment in which to start and end the day.
Here are 5 simple ideas to refresh your bedroom and make it a cozy retreat for fall:
- Do a mini bed makeover. Add a soft, fluffy blanket or some seasonal, decorative pillows or pillow covers.
- Diffuse an essential oil blend that fits the season. Try any of our Fall Diffuser Blends. I really like woodsy scents in my room, so Autumn Forest is perfect for me (2 drops of White Fir or Siberian Fir, 3 drops of Cedarwood, 4 drops of Wild Orange).
- Collect fall leaves and create an arrangement for your nightstand or dresser. Complement it free autumn printable (there are tons online) in an inexpensive frame.
- Spend a few minutes clearing out clutter that may have gathered over the summer.
- Whip up a batch of our Thanksgiving Room Spray and keep a bottle on your night stand. Download our custom labels and it becomes part of your fall decor.
And here's a bonus idea in case you are feeling a little crafty...arm knit a soft, squishy throw!
How do you "refresh" for fall?