THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Very few people appreciate sleep like parents of newborns and babies. Sleep can be so elusive in those early months and years of parenting. While each baby is different and there are no guarantees, essential oils can play a role in promoting good sleep for babies and their moms and dads.* Try these suggestions to lull your little one into a peaceful slumber and catch some much needed winks yourself. Remember to stick with it, routine plays a role in bedtime success. Sweet dreams!
- To create a restful environment, diffuse Lavender or Serenity Calming Blend in your baby's room at bedtime.*
- Add a couple of drops of a calming essential oil like Lavender or Roman Chamomile to a carrier oil and give your baby a gentle massage before putting her in her pajamas.
- If your baby enjoys bath time, give her a warm bath with a few drops of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver, or Serenity Calming Blend added to the water.
- Add a few drops of your favorite calming essential oils to a spray bottle and fill the rest with water. Lightly mist your baby's favorite blanket at bedtime and nap time. Once she is old enough to sleep with a stuffed animal, you can mist it as well.
- Sometimes it takes more than sleep promoting essential oils to help your little one sleep. Gently rub DigestZen Digestive Blend on upset tummies before bed.* To promote clear airways and easy breathing, rub Breathe Respiratory Blend onto your baby's chest.*
How have you used essential oils to help you baby sleep?
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.