THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, READ OUR POLICY PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
Each season brings specific joys and challenges. The sun, heat, and activities of summer require special preparation. Be ready for whatever summer throws at you with essential oils. Here are a few of our favorite tips for using your oils this time of year.
- Stay cool with Peppermint. Add a few drops of Peppermint to a spray bottle and use to cool off after a long day at the beach, in the sun at fairs, parades, and parks. A spray on the back of the neck feels amazing! Peppermint can also help uplift and energize when moods start to dip.
- Know your photosensitive oils. Some essential oils can increase the skin's sensitivity to sun. It is important not to apply these oils to skin before sun exposure. Find out more about photosensitive essential oils HERE. Always check labels to make sure you are using your oils safely.
- Tame tummies with DigestZen Digestive Blend. Whether it's from long car trips, motion sensitivities at amusement parks, or adjusting to different foods while traveling, digestive issues can be a problem in the summer. Keep DigestZen handy to ease discomfort when it arises.*
- Keep insects at bay with TerraShield Outdoor Blend. Summer is the time for so many fun outdoor adventures. To stop environment annoyances from getting in the way, use TerraShield.* Add 40-50 drops to a spray bottle of water or apply the blend directly to the skin with a carrier oil. It can also help deter pests around the house and the garden.*
- Soothe skin with Lavender and Melaleuca. An "owie" spray is easy to whip up with a couple drops of Lavender and Melaleuca added to a spray bottle of water. Take hiking, camping, and on other outings where irritations might occur.*
Do you have an essential oil tip for summer? Tell us in a comment.